Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
Founded Nationally: January 9, 1914 at Howard University
Established at STJ: January 20, 1980
Reactivated at STJ: January 2011
Chapter: Lambda Rho
Colors: Royal Blue & Pure White
Membership Requirements: Contact for details.
National Site: http://www.pbs1914.org/
The brothers of Phi Beta Sigma are the Fraternity's most valuable resource and strength. They are the primary means by which the Phi Beta Sigma objectives will be achieved. In order to accomplish the Fraternity's objectives, it is essential that systems are instituted that effectively embody "Culture For Service and Service For Humanity" and promote brotherhood, scholarship and service.
To optimize Phi Beta Sigma's effectiveness, the Fraternity will:
- Strengthen and serve proactively the brotherhood, as a supportive resource that positively impacts the Fraternity's growth and financial solvency.
- Reaffirm and maintain a strong commitment to brotherhood, scholarship and service.
- Ensure that the Fraternity programs are focused and committed to serving humanity.
- Create an environment that respects the dignity and worth of each brother.
- Exhibit integrity and ethical behavior in conducting the Fraternity's business. serving as a model for all Greek-letter organizations.
- Maintain and improve the Fraternity's technological literacy, in order to better service its members and the community at large.
- Foster and nurture our constitutional bond with Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Encourage a closer and mutually beneficial working relationship with fellow Greek-letter organizations, other community service organizations, businesses and government.
- Select leaders who are committed and have demonstrated their ability to lead.