Phi Delta Chi Fraternity

Nickname: PDC
Founded Nationally: November 2, 1883 at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
Established at STJ: January 1958
Chapter: Beta Alpha
Colors: Old Gold & Dregs of Wine
National Site: http://www.phideltachi.org
Contact: Michael LoCascio, michael.locascio10@stjohns.edu

Phi Delta Chi Pharmacy Fraternity is a national co-educational professional pharmacy fraternity formed in 1883 at the University of Michigan, in Ann Arbor, by 11 pharmacy students. Since then, more than 32,000 students have made the decision to become brothers of Phi Delta Chi.

The objective of Phi Delta Chi is to advance the science of Pharmacy and foster a fraternal spirit among its members. Phi Delta Chi has chartered 58 active chapters and 32 alumni chapters at colleges of pharmacy in the United States. Phi Delta Chi promotes brotherhood among its members; those close relationships built between brothers often last a lifetime. Unlike other non-fraternal pharmacy organizations, Phi Delta Chi demands a commitment from its members but provides immeasurable benefits in return.

Phi Delta Chi is in its 45th year here at St. John's University. Phi Delta Chi brothers are active on campus and in the community. Members hold major executive board positions in all of the student pharmacy organizations-Student APhA, Student Government, Inc, Rho Chi, Phi Lambda Sigma, and many more. Phi Delta Chi Brothers were instrumental in forming both Rho Chi and Phi Lambda Sigma-the two honor societies of pharmacy.

In the community, Phi Delta Chi brothers are the backbone of American pharmacy, practicing in retail, chain, hospital, industry, government, academia, and every other field of pharmacy. Many deans and pharmacy faculty members are Phi Delta Chi alumni. From large state universities to small college campuses, Phi Delta Chi Brothers distinguish themselves as true Leaders in Pharmacy.